12 June 2006

Holidays come, holidays go


In April this year we had a reprise almost of April last year, same month different cyclones, and both weather systems did us the courtesy of not coming too close when laden with destructive forces, but Monica, as Ingrid had done, still left its mark on people's minds. Well, okay, on my mind at least. There were those who said they didn't know what the fuss was about.

Move on another few weeks and we were still getting intermittent rain in May which is not that usual but, come the end of May, the humidity eased and the temperatures sunk suddenly below the 30 degree mark through some days and the 20 degree mark through some nights. There was no doubt left, we were into the Dry season and it was a welcome respite.

This was when I started my holiday. 2+ weeks later, and tomorrow is my last day and I'm kind of sad about that

But it's been bloody marvelous, I can't tell you how relaxed I feel .... sighhhhhh

No comments: